- About us
- Information on Visa, Citizenship and Migration to Australia
- Consular Services for Australians
- Australian Passport Information
- Doing business with Australia
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- OECD Delegation
- UNESCO Delegation
- Australia-France relationship
- Australian Consulate, Noumea
- Travel advice
- Register with us
INFORMATION and COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER (Full-Time)
AUSTRALIAN EMBASSY PARIS
(Gross monthly salary: 2634.52 €, paid over 13 instalments)
Expressions of interest are invited for the position of Information and Communication Technology Officer.
This position is based within Australian Embassy in Paris and reports directly to the Senior Administrative Officer.
The position is available as from now.
Applications for the position should include:
• The Paris-Based local staff application, to be downloaded from the Paris Embassy website: http://www.france.embassy.gov.au, section: about us
• Letter of application (no more than 1 page)
Late applications, incomplete applications or applications not meeting general requirements and selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted to the Human Resources Section, Australian Embassy, 4 rue Jean Rey, 75015 Paris or by email to: email@example.com no later than 30 June 2013.
The Australian Embassy strives to be an employer of choice and offers attractive working conditions. In addition, it aims to ensure that people are engaged on the basis of their ability rather than their race, gender or background.
1. Providing ICT services including:
• Network management (connectivity and cabling infrastructure);
• User administration;
• Active management of referrals to DFAT’s Global Support Centre;
• Active management of a local task and asset register;
• Providing technical support to the Embassy internet and intranet;
• Providing support for ministerial visits; and
• Providing technical support to Passports Operations.
2. Managing the life-cycle of ICT equipment, including sparing, procurement, configuration, maintenance and disposal.
3. Being the lead administrator for the Embassy’s physical and electronic data records management systems.
4. Providing advice, training and support to ICT users, including contributing to, and updating, documentation on systems, processes and databases.
5. Completing accurate and timely recording and reporting on ICT activities, and contributing to other regular or ad hoc reports (including ICT stock takes) as required.
6. Identifying, organising and implementing service delivery improvements and other ad hoc projects as required.
7. Ensuring that the ICT remains compliant with all relevant legislation, policies, and standards.
8. Custodian of keys, locks and accountable documents
9. Other duties as required.
General Requirements for the position
1. This is a security-designated position. The selected candidate will be required to successfully complete a security assessment to the appropriate level. Applicants must be a national of Australia to be eligible for an Australian Government security clearance. Persons holding dual French nationality will not be eligible for a security clearance for this position. Applications that do not specifically address and satisfy this requirement will not be considered.
2. Candidates must submit a copy of a valid work permit/visa for employment in France.
3. Fluency in English is essential and a high level of French is desirable.
A. Demonstrated ability to deliver ICT support, including network management, troubleshooting and technical support to a range of stakeholders in a shared-services environment.
B. Demonstrated ability to contribute to the effective delivery of required services by providing a flexible, courteous, prompt and efficient service to internal and external clients.
C. Well developed and accurate records management skills (both physical and electronic) and experience using information management systems for reporting purposes is essential; experience of managing databases is desirable.
D. Proficiency in managing ICT equipment and the general principles of asset management, including stock takes and the procurement, maintenance and disposal of equipment as required.
E. Demonstrated ability to harness initiative to identify areas of opportunity and drive business process improvements for the benefit of the organisation
F. Highly Desirable:
• High level skills in the Microsoft Office suite, in particular Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Experience in developing and / or maintaining intranet and /or websites.
• Experience in setting up Audio Visual equipment